There are four simple steps to the ACCESS application process:
- Fill out the online application, indicating the department of interest
- Enter names and contacts for two letters of recommendation
- Upload your unofficial transcript
- Upload your cover letter and career vision statement
Once submitted, if there is an issue with your application you will be contacted directly by ACCESS program staff.
2023 Application Timeline
|Application Open:||June 5|
|Nominations Due:||June 30|
|Applications Due:||August 1|
|Students Notified of Decisions:||September 8|
|Students Accept Offer:||September 18|
|ACCESS weekend:||October 20-21|
Who Should Apply?
- Recent graduates (from 2022 and 2023) and undergraduate students in their sophomore, junior or senior year, focusing on chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science.
- Students with a strong academic background and an interest in research
- US citizens and permanent residents
- Those willing to engage in ACCESS’s interactive environment
- Students with limited prior exposure to MIT’s campus or its graduate community
Please note that while ACCESS highlights opportunities at MIT, participation neither obligates participants to apply nor guarantees future consideration for study at MIT graduate level programs.