ACCESS 2021 – Postponed to fall 2022
There are four simple steps to the ACCESS application process:
- Fill out the online application, indicating the department of interest
- Enter names and contacts for two letters of recommendation
- Upload your unofficial transcript
- Upload your cover letter and career vision statement
Once submitted, if there is an issue with your application you will be contacted directly by ACCESS program staff.
2021 Application Timeline
|Application Open:||June 7
|Nominations Due:||June 25|
|Applications Due:||Extended to August 6
|Students Notified of Decisions:||August 23|
|Students Accept Offer:||September 1|
|2021 ACCESS weekend:||September 24 – 25 –
Postponed to fall 2022
Who Should Apply?
- Recent graduates (from 2020 or 2021) and undergraduate students in their sophomore, junior or senior year, focusing on chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science.
- Students with a strong academic background and an interest in research
- US citizens and permanent residents
- Those willing to engage in ACCESS’s interactive environment
- Students with limited prior exposure to MIT’s campus or its graduate community
Please note that while ACCESS highlights opportunities at MIT, participation neither obligates participants to apply nor guarantees future consideration for study at MIT graduate level programs.